Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Aha! Gotcha!

Better a patient person than a warrior,
one with self-control than one who takes a city. (Proverbs 16:32 NIV)

Sometimes and most if the time I think I am a very patient person. I rarely get angry. But, the truth of the matter is I am just introvert. I get to explode quickly inside.

I love the autonomy of a warrior. I think, it kinda brings the "cool" side inside me out. Even if it's only a prayer warrior. I don't mind. Like in movies, in my mind, I would still look like the 3-star general who kills the enemy's king.

But today, the verse states a different truth. It asks me to be patient rather than to look "cool" because being patient is cooler than being too brave and proud in the frontline.

(last paragraph)

Being a person who takes a city isn't wrong. I think, every society needs this kind of people who are bold, self-sacrificing, and loyal. However, a sieger or a warrior is normally impulsive. They are trained to attack first before they get attacked.

The truth of the verse brings me to picture a patient warrior who analyses the enemy and steadfastly wait for a better time to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment