Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Not Mine

This morning I was reminded that my time is God's. 

Time spent recklessly is a theft. 

We do everything for God. We are workers in God's business. In other words, we are His employees. If we laze around and procrastinate, how would our Boss think of us? 

I want my Boss to think that I am a good servant; not just pretending to be a good servant but to actually be one. 

The difficulties for me lie in my OCD-like disease. I want everything to be in place before I enter the room. If I cannot see how the the day will turn out, I really do not want to be in that event. Or if in my mind, I see that something unpleasant would happen to me, I will avoid that with all my might. 

I am spoiled, aren't I? 

I am. I avoid unpleasant things and choose the easy ways. 

It used to work for me; choosing easy answers. At school I would try to answer the easy questions first and leave the harder one for the last minutes. Having the easy questions right had given pretty good outcome but it does not seem to apply for my situation today.

I had answered all the easy questions and it seems that I am left with all the difficult ones and there is no time-limit to this test. It is over when I am done working on those difficult ones. But it is so hard and I just want to submit me the paper as it is. 

(Sigh). I know I must persevere. Even though it takes me one word a day to write the answer, I will answer these (d**ned) questions. 

Teach me to number my days, Lord, so I'd be wise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment