Sunday, November 18, 2012

Does God make a new plan too?


I extract this part of my bible reading plan, Hebrews 8, because it kinda shows that God does make a new plan. The story was set when Christ was confirming the new covenant and nullifying the old one. What do you think? Does he do that: re-planning?

Hebrews 8 (MSG)6-13But Jesus' priestly work far surpasses what these other priests do, since he's working from a far better plan. If the first plan—the old covenant—had worked out, a second wouldn't have been needed. But we know the first was found wanting, because God said,Heads up! The days are coming when I'll set up a new plan for dealing with Israel and Judah. I'll throw out the old plan I set up with their ancestors when I led them by the hand out of Egypt. They didn't keep their part of the bargain, so I looked away and let it go. This new plan I'm making with Israel isn't going to be written on paper, isn't going to be chiseled in stone; This time I'm writing out the plan in them, carving it on the lining of their hearts. I'll be their God, they'll be my people. They won't go to school to learn about me, or buy a book called God in Five Easy Lessons. They'll all get to know me firsthand, the little and the big, the small and the great. They'll get to know me by being kindly forgiven, with the slate of their sins forever wiped clean. By coming up with a new plan, a new covenant between God and his people, God put the old plan on the shelf. And there it stays, gathering dust.

Reading this, I began to think, that God is indeed a great strategist and an awesome lover. He could have opt not to play with us at all; jeopardizing his love and life just to earn our hearts. Or, he could have made us robot-like faithful human who always adore and worship him. But he didn't. He gave us the ability to choose; to choose him or anything else. By doing so, I see that he really wants us to be free. What love is bigger than the one that always wishes that his loved ones to be happy even if he doesn't own her?

More than a lover, he is also an all-knowing God. Like an ultimate chess master, it doesn't matter how well we and the rest of the world and its forces play our game, God will win.

That's my opinion. Do you agree or disagree? Leave some thoughts, questions, and messages on the comment box below or email me. I'd like to hear from you!

Sincerely,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment