Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Never Before

"What no eyes has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived"
--the things God has prepared for those who love him--
1 Corinthians 2:9
Have I ever told you how I finally had my graduation ceremony? It is not a funny story, so, stop reading.

This is the very short version. I was supposed to have my graduation ceremony on the 21st of February. The event had been fixed since a few months ago. After I passed my final defense in the end of January, I invited Mom to come over and attend the ceremony. She bought the ticket and got her visa and she was ready to fly. However, it got cancelled two weeks before the day. Mom could not believe that the school would do that. We sent a letter of complaint to the school. After a few days of conversation --or two days before the planned event-- the school agreed to hold an exclusive graduation ceremony for me. Mom came and we had a quick, no-hassle ceremony, and accompanied with free three-course meal from the school. It was awesome and never before --at least Mom has never seen anything like it before.


No comments:

Post a Comment