Monday, March 4, 2013

Energy Booster

The joy of the Lord is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10.

I have always thought that this verse means the divine joy that is GIVEN for us from above to go through our day joyfully. However, even though I still think that my understanding of that verse is not completely wrong, but it is also not complete.

Reading this verse once again yesterday, this verse read to me, "Jesus' joy, God's joy, Holy Spirit's joy is my strength". I began to think that maybe the joy is NOT GIVEN to us. The joy is God's. But instead, strength is given to us. Strength to overcome our obstacles and rise to victories.

The only thing we left to do is to make the joy meter of God full. When He's smiling, happy with our lives, satisfied with our action and decision, proud of us, we will not run out of life energy. Nevertheless, we will surely prevail against the evil forces that are trying to hold us back and keep us from living in the promises of God.

When was the last time you thought of God's feeling when He sees your life?




No comments:

Post a Comment