Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Emotional Swing

Have you ever felt numb inside your heart?

I woke up this morning and felt like doing nothing. It might seem to be a sign of laziness for most of you but it was more than that.

I felt like I had lost all of my passion, confused and not knowing what my dreams were. I was blank; brushing my teeth, taking shower, preparing lunch, doing make-up and going to school just like a robot. All in automatic position. Reacting only when stimulus come.

While Kaka has been so happy today, I seemed to be the opposite.

All in all I find it very strange. It rarely happens to me. However, I happened to read across Isaiah 40 today. What a coincidence! Well, there is no coincidence, God makes it happen.

It's the famous encouraging verses, some of the most beautiful promises written. Starting from 29 up to 31. It says:

He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.

For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.

But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,

They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.


These verses do bless me.

Oh yes, one more thing, at the time when I felt nothing, I didn't even want to come to class. I had no mood to step outside my room, ride my bike for 15 minutes and listen the Lecturer for 5 straight hours. But then I was reminded that it's not just about attending classes, it's about everything that I and everyone around me have worked for so hard. It's about investing knowledge in myself so that I can be what I want to be in the future.

Yes, dreams come true is not just one-magic-night-work. It's the accumulation of the effort made each single day, Connie said. I guess, I forget about it today. But now I remember and I will remember it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment